Find out more about what your child will learn at our school.
Dulwich High School of Visual Arts and Design continues to be recognised for its curriculum opportunities. This includes a variety of pathways for its specialisation, the gifted and talented students as well as students in the mainstream. Students at our school achieve excellence in academic, cultural, creative, sporting, leadership and social endeavours in an inclusive and learning caring environment.
The NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) is responsible for the curriculum, Kindergarten to Year 12, for all NSW schools.
For the high school years, NESA develops syllabuses for all subjects in eight key learning areas:
- creative arts
- human society and its environment (HSIE)
- personal development, health and physical education (PDHPE)
- technology and applied studies (TAS).
Like all NSW schools, we have developed teaching and learning programs to suit our local context and the needs of our students.
To learn more about curriculum in NSW, visit:
- NSW Department of Education – key learning areas
- NESA’s Parent Guide – Schooling in NSW which provides information about learning stages, key learning areas and syllabuses
- NSW Department of Education policy – Curriculum planning and programming, assessing and reporting to parents K–12.