Technology and applied studies (TAS) is mandatory for all students in Year 7 and 8. Students can also select from a range of elective TAS subjects.
In TAS, students use a range of tools, materials and techniques in the design process and technological experiences through theory and practical lessons.
The continuum of technology learning is:
- based on students becoming increasingly sophisticated in their ability to design and produce solutions for authentic needs and opportunities
- an option for student specialisation in high school through a range of syllabuses addressing particular technologies and aspects of design.
Available courses include:
- Design and Technology 7-10
- Food Technology 7-10
- Industrial Technology 7-10
- Textiles Technology 7-10
- Design and Technology Stage 6
- Food Technology Stage 6
- Industrial Technology Stage 6
- Textiles and Design Stage 6.
The courses offered by the Design and Technology department at Dulwich High School of Visual Arts and Design have a strong focus on design, technical and creative skills needed for learning and working in the 21st century.
Design and Technology prides itself on providing innovative educations that engages students in learning opportunities.